MICA Band Heaters
A mica core produces a thin, efficient heater. Heat from the precisely wound resistance element is quickly transferred to the working surface for fast heat-up and response. Mica provides excellent dielectric strength and heat transfer capability for long heater life. The mica core is encased in a continuous corrosion resistant sheath and formed. All full mica band heaters are designed with closed ends to protect against contamination. Maximum sheath temperature is 800°F.
The THINBAND heater is patented redesign of the Mica Band. THINBAND heaters deliver fast and install easily, keeping costs down and machines running.
- Sheath Temperature to 480°C (900°F)
- Watt Densities to 55 W/in² (8.5 W/cm²)
FEATURES & BENEFITS
Flexible, one-piece design
- Makes installation easier on plastic processing equipment because it can open to full diameter of the barrel without internal damage to the heater
- Installs on barrel without removing other band heaters already in place
Only one set of leads or terminals
- Cumbersome, two-piece replacement band heaters with straps require two sets
- Opens to fit over barrels and snaps in place with one easy flip of its latching lever
- No need to remove other heaters
Permanently attached clamping bars
No Folds on the outside of the heater
- Contamination resistance