MINERAL BAND HEATERS
All moisture is removed from the mineral band heaters by our baking process of 850° F for 8 hours. We have included a small profile termination on models PWB1 and PWB2 for those applications with restricted space.
All of the Mineral Band Heaters are clamped down with an 18 gauge stainless steel strap to reassure there are no air gaps between the barrel and heater which improves band heater performance. Both the outer and inner shell is manufactured with 3042b stainless steel channel sheet metal providing a compressed process while forming the heaters. Mineral Band Heaters are manufactured in a variety of electrical termination styles and can be manufactured with holes.
INSULATION PLUS HEATERS
- Insulation Plus employs an additional 1/4″ of thermal insulation encased in a separate flexible stainless steel shell.
- Standard 1/4″ thick thermal insulation found on all ceramic band heaters.
- Helical nickel-chrome coil for extended service.
- Ceramic coil supports.
Some typical Insulation Plus Designs
- Stud Terminals in Low Profile Box (1″ High) With BX installed
- Stud Terminals in Standard Two Terminal Box (1-3/4″ High)
- Standard Flange Lock-Up
- Optional spring Loaded Latch and Trunnion Lock-Up For Large Diameter Bands.
- Stud Terminals in Standard Three Terminal Box (1-3/4″)
- Thermo Couple Hole in Gap Shell Overlap With Lock-up
Super Insulation Plus
1 1/4″ Thick, 7/8″ thermal insulation – up to 40 watts/sq. in.
Super Insulation Plus employs an additional 5/8″ of thermal insulation encased in a separate flexible stainless steel shell.
ULTRA THIN CERAMIC BAND HEATERS
High performance heater band for processing high temperature engineering resins. The first improvement in ceramic heaters since the introduction of”Insulation Plus”TM in 1975. “Ultra-Thin” heater bands have the same basic construction as our standard ceramic heaters except they are much thinner and have a high ratio of thermal to electrical insulation. The thin ceramic insulation’ used results in a lower mass construction, which improves response to control and minimizes temperature lag and overshoot.
The backside thermal insulation is highly efficient and results in minimal heat loss and lower sheath temperature. The “Ultra-Thin” has averaged 100 deg. F lower sheath temperature when tested against other high temperature heaters at 600 deg. F cylinder temperatures. The “Ultra-Thin” without thermal insulation and with a perforated sheath is ideally suited for air cooled systems.
“Ultra-Thin” heaters are constructed of all high temperature materials. The heater element itself is computer designed for maximum wire size which results in a long service life. Developed primarily for high temperature, high watt density plastic processing machinery, this premium performance heater can be used in many other applications
- Insulation – 3/16″ thick thermal insulation (ceramic fiber)
- Sizes – Minimum 1D 1-1/2″ (38.1mm) 1″ wide and up
- Terminals – Post Terminals
- Standard ( 10-24 Thread or 1/4″-20 Thread)
- Sheath – Stainless Steel
- Lock-up – Flange or Barrel Nut Standard
- Standard Gap – 1/4″ when tightened
- Metric sizes available
- Wall Thickness – 11/32″ (+1/32″, -.00)
- Temperature – Up to 1400 Deg. F
- Watt Density – Up to 65W/Sq. in. (9.9 W/C2)
- Voltage – Up to 480 V (Single or three phase)
- Resistance-Tolerance +10%-5%
- Wattage Tolerance +5%-10%
- Maximum Amperage – 20/Circuit
- Armored Cable (BX)
- Braided Over Leads
- Plain Leads
- Right Angle Armor
- Right Angle Braid
- Partial Coverage
- T/C Hole (specify location)
- Inner S.S. Liner
- Ground Stud or Wire
- Dual Voltage
- Latch-Trunnion Lock-Up
- Overlap on shell at gap
- Standard Terminal Box
- Low Profile (1″ high) Terminal Box
- Ceramic Terminal Caps
- Quick Disconnected High
- Temperature Plugs For other options consult factory!
These are completely flexible radiant heaters. Heavy clamping pressures are not required regardless of heater size. No need for hinged, two piece, or expandable designs associated with mineral insulated (MI), mica or other conduction type heaters.
STANDARD CERAMIC BAND HEATERS
Other types of band heaters are primarily conductive, requiring an intimate fit with components being heated. Grooves or other surface irregularities form voids under the bands, resulting in hot spots and premature heater failure.
Ceramic bands are recommended here because efficient heat transfer is not affected by irregular surfaces or loose fit. At higher watt densities they can be used in wider increments than other heaters. This means you can reduce the number of bands used and simplify wiring.
“THE PREFERRED CHOICE OF OEM’S” QUALITY CONSTRUCTION
- Stainless steel sheath: Resists rust and high temperatures, and provides firm mechanical support. Easily wraps around barrel due to fluted construction.
- Thermal insulation : ¼ inch of ceramic fiber prevents heat loss, thereby lowering energy costs.
- Ceramic coil supports: Designed for their dielectric and thermoconductive characteristics, the interlocking feature provides flexibility so band wraps easily around barrel.
- Nickel-chrome heating coil, precision wound, helical construction gives extended service. A heavier weight than found in mica or other conventional heaters.
MICA BAND HEATERS
Features and Benefits
- New flexible, one-piece design makes installation faster on plastic processing equipment because the heater can be opened to the full diameter of the barrel without internal damage. The THINBAND heater can be installed on a barrel without removing other band heaters already in place.
- Only one set of leads or terminals is needed on theTHINBAND heater, unlike the two sets required on the cumbersome two-piece replacement barrel heaters with straps.
- QUICK CLAMP opens to fit over barrels and snaps in place with one easy flip of its latching lever. No need to remove other heaters.
- Permanently attached clamping bars.
- Contamination resistance. No folds on outside of heater.
NOZZLE BAND HEATERS
- MANUFACTURED IN THE USA
- 1 YEAR GUARANTEE ON QUALITY & WORKMASHIP
- LOW PROFILE BARREL NUT STRAP & SCREW ASSEMBLY
- 10″ FIBERGLASS LEADS EXIT AT BOTH SIDES OF GAP ENDS (450C RATING MGT)
- HIGH GRADE NICHROME RESISTANCE